How to choose the appropriate actuator type for different valves? From the perspective of electric actuator sales, the selection of valve electric actuators is mainly based on the parameters brought by customers. The following is a detailed explanation:
1. Determine the type of valve electric actuator
There are three types of valve electric actuators on the market, namely angular stroke electric actuators, multi-turn electric actuators and linear stroke electric actuators.
1. Angular stroke electric device (360 degrees of rotation) is suitable for butterfly valves, ball valves, plug valves, etc.
The rotation of the output shaft of the electric device is less than one turn, that is, less than 360 degrees, usually 90 degrees to realize the valve opening and closing process control. This kind of remote control intelligent electric device is divided into two types: direct connection type and base crank type according to the different installation interface methods.
A) Direct connection type: refers to the form in which the output shaft of the electric device is directly connected to the valve stem.
B) Base crank type: refers to the form in which the output shaft is connected to the valve stem through a crank.
2. The multi-turn electric device (360 degree angle) is suitable for gate valve, globe valve, etc. The rotation of the output shaft of the electric device is more than one turn, that is, more than 360 degrees. Generally, multiple turns are required to realize the valve opening and closing process control.
3. Straight stroke (linear motion) is suitable for single-seat control valve, double-seat control valve, etc. The motion of the output shaft of the electric device is linear motion, not rotational.
2. Determine the force or torque to be output by the valve electric actuator
1. For angular stroke and multi-turn electric actuators, the important parameter is the torque, the unit is N.m. The opening and closing of the valve requires torque to act on it. If the torque is too small, it may not be able to open and close. ,
2. The important parameter for the linear electric actuator is the force, the unit is N. Similarly, if the force is too small, the valve will not be able to open and close.
Therefore, in the selection of valve electric actuators, a simple principle should be followed: it is better to choose large, not small.
3. Determine the control mode of the valve electric actuator
1. Switch type
The switch-type electric actuator generally realizes the opening or closing control of the valve. The valve is either in the fully open position or in the fully closed position. This type of valve does not need to control the flow of the medium.
The regulating electric actuator not only has the function of the switch-type integrated structure, but it can also control the valve to adjust the flow of the medium. Due to limited space, its working principle is not described in detail here.
To sum up, you must now have a certain understanding of the selection of valve electric actuators. Through the above three steps, you can easily choose a suitable valve electric actuator for you.