The advantages of electric actuators mainly include:
(1) Compact structure and small size. Compared with pneumatic actuators, electric actuators are relatively simple in structure. A basic electronic system includes actuators, three-position DPDT switches, fuses and some wires, which are easy to assemble.
(2) The driving source of the electric actuator is very flexible, and the general vehicle-mounted power supply can meet the needs, while the pneumatic actuator requires an air source and a compression drive device.
(3) The electric actuator has no risk of "leakage" and has high reliability. The compressibility of air makes the stability of the pneumatic actuator slightly worse.
(4) There is no need to install and maintain various pneumatic pipelines.
(5) The load can be maintained without power, while pneumatic actuators require continuous pressure supply.
(6) Since no additional pressure device is required, the electric actuator is quieter. Usually, if the pneumatic actuator is under heavy load, it is necessary to install a silencer.
(7) In pneumatic devices, it is usually necessary to convert electrical signals into pneumatic signals and then into electrical signals. The transmission speed is slow, and it is not suitable for complex circuits with too many stages.
(8) Electric actuators are better in terms of control accuracy.